After Sales Services
Where can I get my Lindström tool repaired?
Lindström has in-house repair centres and a network of external repair centres covering repairs, maintenance and calibration for Lindström tools. Contact the Lindström distributor who sold you the tool to arrange this service.
If your tool is out of warranty and you do not know where it was purchased, please contact your nearest Lindström distributor to arrange service
What warranty do Lindström tools have?
Lindström tools are manufactured and designed for professional use. You can find the general warranty here.
What is excluded from the warranty?
- Wear and tear caused by use (brushes, discs, saws, blades, vanes, etc).
- Damage caused by misuse (lack of lubrication, lack of maintenance, use in incorrect applications, use in extreme environmental conditions for which the equipment is not designed, etc.).
- Equipment with modifications or unauthorised repairs.
When does the warranty period start and how can I claim the warranty on a faulty tool?
The warranty period begins on the date of purchase. This date can be checked on the invoice or any other document of equivalent legal value. By handing over this document together with the faulty tool to our Lindström distributor, he will arrange the repair or replacement.
Can I repair my tool myself?
Lindström is committed to our customers' "right to repair" in order to extend the service life of our tools as much as possible. We have official spare parts and repair manuals available for our customers so that service operations can be carried out easily and safely.
Where can I get Lindström tool parts and where can I buy spare parts, consumables and accessories?
Through the distributor who sold you the tool.
Where can I get repair manuals and technical documentation?
Lindström has maintenance, calibration and repair manuals for products classified as repairable. You can access them by requesting them from one of our Lindström distributors, who will provide them in digital format.
SNAE GENERAL WARRANTY
- Where permitted by law, all hand tools in the catalogue are offered with a lifetime warranty - a warranty against material and manufacturing defects for the normal lifetime of the tool in question. ‘Lifetime’ is defined as the period of time a tool can be expected to last under normal use and conditions.
- Torque Tools are excluded from this general professional warranty.
- Products are designed and manufactured for professional use. Generally, the warranty period is ONE YEAR (12 months) from the purchase date of the product. The warranty period for consumers (non-professional use) will be defined by the local regulation about consumers’ goods. Batteries are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and materials for a period of TWO YEARS from the date of original purchase. If inspection shows the issue is caused by defective workmanship or materials, the product will be repaired (or at our option, replaced) without charge if still within the warranty period. As a reminder, professional use is defined as use of the tool for purposes which are related to a trade, business, or profession of the user.
- Defective products will be repaired, replaced or substituted. In general, SNA Europe does not cover the cost of immobilization, relocation, site visit or onsite repair at the customer’s premises or travel costs for repair, replacement or substitution of products.
- Any product that has been incorrectly used or incorrectly maintained, or that is worn from improper use or that has suffered unauthorized modifications, is not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover any repairs required due to normal wear and tear.
- Any product that has been used under environmental conditions for which it was not designed or that has suffered any damage caused by external influences (water, salt water, chemical, physical, impact, extreme temperatures) or foreign substances is not covered by this warranty. In case of loss or the total or partial destruction of the product, the product is not covered by this warranty unless the beneficiary of the warranty provides precise technical proof of the origin of the claim, a material defect or a construction defect, and of the components of the product concerned.
- A warranty claim must be submitted within the warranty period. This requires the submission or shipment of the complete tool in question with verification of sale documentation, which must validate the purchase date and the product designation, to the retailer or distributor.
- Replacement or repair of the product will be carried out as quickly as possible. On receipt of the replaced or repaired product the customer is requested to validate conformity. Replacements and repairs provided under the warranty do not lengthen or renew the warranty period for the tool.
- Any maintenance or repair carried out during the warranty period must, under penalty of voiding this warranty, be carried out by an authorized distributor or official service agent, except for the maintenance operations to be carried out by the user as specified in the product manual.