SNAE GENERAL WARRANTY
1. Where permitted by law, all hand tools for professional use in the catalogue are offered with a lifetime warranty - a warranty against material and manufacturing defects for the normal lifetime of the tool in question. ‘Lifetime’ is defined as the period of time a tool can be expected to last under normal use and conditions. As a reminder, the professional use is defined as the use of the tool for purposes which are related to a trade, business, or profession of the user.
2. The following are excluded from this above lifetime warranty for professional use: pneumatic tools, hydraulic tools, battery powered tools, electrical/electronic tools, torque tools, automotive tools and measuring tools. These tools and other tools not covered by lifetime warranty have a warranty period is ONE YEAR (12 months) from the purchase date of the product unless other conditions are defined in the specific warranty conditions of the tool. Batteries are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and materials for a period of TWO YEARS from the date of original purchase. If inspection shows the issue is caused by defective workmanship or materials, the product will be repaired (or at our option, replaced) without charge if still within the warranty period.
3. The warranty period for consumers (non-professional use) will be defined by the local regulation about consumers’ goods.
4. Defective products will be repaired, replaced or substituted. In general, SNA Europe does not cover the cost of immobilization, relocation, site visit or onsite repair at the customer’s premises or travel costs for repair, replacement or substitution of products.
5. Any product that has been incorrectly used or incorrectly maintained, or that is worn from improper use or that has suffered unauthorized modifications, is not covered by this warranty.
6. This warranty does not cover any repairs or parts that are subject to wear resulting from use or other natural wear and tear, such as but not limited to blades, rubber parts, seals, gaskets, sanding plates, gears, bearings, wheels, oil, air filters, clamps and other parts defined as consumables. This warranty does not cover as well defects in the tool caused by use or other natural wear and tear.
7. Any product that has been used under environmental conditions for which it was not designed or that has suffered any damage caused by external influences (water, salt water, chemical, physical, impact, extreme temperatures) or foreign substances is not covered by this warranty. In case of loss or the total or partial destruction of the product, the product is not covered by this warranty unless the beneficiary of the warranty provides precise technical proof of the origin of the claim, a material defect or a construction defect, and of the components of the product concerned.
8. A warranty claim must be submitted within the warranty period. This requires the submission or shipment of the complete tool in question with verification of sale documentation, which must validate the purchase date and the product designation, to the retailer or distributor.
9. Replacement or repair of the product will be carried out as quickly as possible. On receipt of the replaced or repaired product the customer is requested to validate conformity. Replacements and repairs provided under the warranty do not lengthen or renew the warranty period for the tool.
10. Any maintenance or repair carried out during the warranty period must, under penalty of voiding this warranty, be carried out by an authorized distributor or official service agent, except for the maintenance operations to be carried out by the user as specified in the product manual.